Create Edit Decision Lists - EDLs - from Final Cut Pro X XML files. The EDLs conform to the CMX 3600 standard and can be used to bring your cut into post production systems like DaVinci, Smoke, etc.
EDL-X groups all video and audio clips into as few tracks as possible. Each video track gets its own EDL, with synch audio in the same EDL.
EDL X features flexible Source Reel Name handling:
• Source names can be read directly from the FCP XML file, or from the QuickTime files used in the project.
• Alternatively, media file names, or full file paths can be used.
• Source names can be made to conform to strict CMX standards (three numbers), or 8, 16, 32 or unlimited alpha-numerical characters.
• Each EDL includes a source table, allowing for easy tracking of any name conversions.
• All source names are user-editable, on a per-source basis.
EDL-X can save the Final Cut Pro XML file as well as the generated EDLs in one convenient document for future reference.
Drag and drop XML files to create EDLs.
The free update to version 1.3 features:
- Reading Source Reel Information from XML files exported from FCP X v10.0.6.
- Simplified preferences, now application-wide
- Improved EDL formatting
Here is a quick video introduction to EDL-X:
Drag and Drop Source Reel Info items to tell EDL-X what reel names to use.
EDL-X runs on Mac OS 10.7.3 and newer. It requires Final Cut Pro X to export your edited project as XML files.
|EDL-X is available on Apple's Mac App Store.|